Purchase Line reorganizes|
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
COMMODORE - Purchase Line School Board held its annual reorganizational meeting last night retaining Mary Ann Pittman as board president.
Jim Stiffler was selected as the board's vice president. Tom McCracken served as temporary chairperson and conducted the meeting until Pittman was elected.
A 2013 meeting scheduled was set. Work sessions will be held Jan. 7, Feb. 4, March 4, April 8, May 6, June 17, Aug. 5, Sept. 3, Oct. 7, Nov. 4 and Dec. 3. Business meetings will be held Jan. 14, Feb. 11, March 11, April 15, May 13, June 24, Aug. 12, Sept. 9, Oct. 14, Nov. 12 and Dec. 9. Both the work sessions and business meetings will begin at 7 p.m.
The board also set Dec. 3 as the date for its 2013 reorganizational meeting.
Other business conducted during the meeting by the board included:
- approving the school board's legal liability insurance coverage with School Boards Insurance Co. of Pennsylvania at an annual cost of $9,457.
- appointing Janice Pearce, the district's business manager, as the delegate for 2013 to the Indiana County Tax Collection Committee. Kevin Smith, board member, Pittman will serve as alternates.
At the work session following the reorganizational meeting, the board also considered a number of items for action at Monday's business meeting:
- hiring an appraiser and determining the method of selling the former North elementary school.
- a leave of absence request for Jessica Subich, family and consumer science instructor Dec. 18-Feb. 12 and a continued leave for Tammy Lechner, administrative assistant to the district's business manager and board secretary through Jan. 31.
- transferring a current employee to a six-hour cafeteria cook position.
- hiring a supervisor of special education and a five-hour custodian.
- approving a request for elementary girl's and boy's basketball programs for students in grades 3-6 and hiring Rebecca Dudek and Chad Small to conduct the programs at salaries of $550 each.
- permitting use of the high school gymnasium and facilities for a elementary girls basketball tournament Feb. 22-23, March 1-2, and March 15-16.
- continuing the cooperative purchasing program through Armstrong-Indiana Intermediate Unit No. 28, Indiana for the 2013-14 school year.
- appointing a liaison to the state School Boards Association.
The board held an executive session for personnel matters following the adjournment of the work session.
The board will meet Monday at 7 p.m.