The Progressive Publishing Company
Our 100th Year Serving Clearfield, Curwensville, Philipsburg, and Moshannon Valley, PA

The Progress Home >> Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - Malfunctioning furnaces cause fires last night

Departments
  News Department
  Sports Department
  Classified Advertising
  Legal Advertising
  Display (Retail) Advertising
  Circulation Department

Death Notices

Forms and Submissions
  Submission Forms

More than just news...
  Current Classified Ads
  Looking for information?
  Supplies For Sale

Site Tools

Other Links
  News Related Links
  Business Related Links


Search Site







The Progress - Advertise  - 814-765-5581

Johnson Motors - 877-816-0659
Malfunctioning furnaces cause fires last night
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
GRAMPIAN - Two malfunctioning furnaces caused fires last night in a Grampian home and a trailer near the Greenwood and Penn townships' boundary line.
Justin Bickel, Grampian-Penn-Bloom's fire chief, said there was minimal damage to the basement in a home at 254 First St., Grampian, owned by Jerry and Aimee Poorman. There were no injuries.
G-P-B was assisted at the scene by Rescue Hose and Ladder Co. of Curwensville and Curwensville Ambulance Service.
The second fire at 8554 Mahaffey-Grampian Highway caused minor damage to the furnace room in a trailer owned by Mike Coulter. Bickel said Coulter had the fire out before G-P-B arrived as the first response units at the scene. There were no injuries.
G-P-B was assisted by Rescue Hose and Ladder Co. of Curwensville, Community Volunteer Fire Department of Mahaffey and Mahaffey Ambulance Service.
Commercial Printing - 814-765-4731