First Night Grand Procession/5K Run routes announced|
Saturday, December 29, 2012
STATE COLLEGE - The First Night State College Grand Procession and 5K Resolution Run will be held Monday at 6:30 p.m. The procession will form at the St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, 208 W. Foster Ave., and will travel the following route:
• North on South Fraser Street to College Avenue;
• East on College Avenue to South Allen Street;
• South on South Allen Street to Foster Avenue;
• West on Foster Avenue to Sidney Friedman Memorial Park.
The 5K Resolution run will start on East College Avenue at South Allen Street and runners will take the following route:
• West on College Avenue to Burrowes Road;
• Burrowes Road to Curtin Road;
• Curtin Road to Bigler Road;
• Bigler Road to Pollock Road;
• Pollock Road to Fraser Road;
• Fraser Road to Curtin Road;
• Curtin Road to Shortlidge Road;
• Shortlidge Road to College Avenue;
• West on College Avenue to the end of Locust Lane.
In order to accommodate the procession and 5K Run, parts of State College Avenue will be restricted to one lane from South Garner Street to South Fraser Street from approximately 6-6:30 p.m. College Avenue will be completely closed from South Garner Street to Locust Lane from 6:30 p.m. to approximately 7:15 p.m. Traffic will be detoured south on South Garner Street during this time. Motorists may experience some minor traffic delays.