Ammerman presides over motions court|
Monday, February 25, 2013
Clearfield County President Judge Fredric J. Ammerman presided over a session of motions court on Feb. 12.
• Lisa K. Craggs, 31, 9 Hope St., DuBois, had a motion to lift a no contact provision denied. On Sept. 11, 2012, Craggs was placed in Clearfield County Jail on a charge of aggravated assault and ordered to have no contact with her mother or anyone in her immediate family.
• Matthew E. Deyarmin, 24, 1131 Byers Road, Indiana, had a motion to reinstate bail granted. He is charged with terroristic threats and bail was set at $5,000 unsecured.
• David W. Elensky, 63, 420 Ida St., Houtzdale, had a motion to lift bench warrant and reinstate bail granted. He is charged with two separate cases of DUI and failed to appear for criminal call in January 2008. He has been incarcerated since Jan. 14. Bail was set at $15,000 secured.
• Jason McGonigal, 26, 180 High St., Woodland, had a petition to lift bench warrant and reinstate bail granted. He is charged with forgery and failed to appear for arraignment court on Nov. 21. Bail was set at $35,000 secured.
• Michael A. Bainbridge, 26, State Correctional Institution, had a motion to return property granted in part. In January, he was ordered to serve three to seven years in the Western Diagnostic Classification Center in Pittsburgh on a charge of theft by deception. The court ordered the $800 in cash be applied toward fines and costs and ordered the commonwealth to see if the cell phone is evidence.
• Tanner Lee Merryman, 20, SCI, had a motion to amend sentence granted. In December, he was ordered to serve 12 months to three years in the Western Diagnostic Classification Center on two counts of forgery. He requested to serve his sentence in the Quehanna Boot Camp and the court agreed.
• Cindy M. Selfridge, 53, 414 Capital Hill Road, Glen Richey, had a motion for extension of time for filing omnibus pretrial motions granted. She is charged with DUI and the court ordered 45 days to file any motions.
• Charles W. Amoling, 48, SCI, had a motion for reconsideration of sentence denied. He was ordered to serve seven months to four years in the SCI on a charge of criminal mischief and related charges.
The court originally ordered restitution be paid in the amount of $199,862 but later changed the amount to $67,843. The defense feels the court ordered a state sentence due to the restitution figure being so high. They requested the sentence be changed due to the restitution figure being changed.
The following people had a motion to compel discovery granted by the court:
• Bradley A. Hutton, 39, 612 Dorey St., Clearfield, charged with simple assault.
• Ashley D. Bowman, 20, 1131 Cooper Ave., Grassflat, charged with theft by unlawful taking.
• Patricia A. McCluskey, 36, 321 Main St., Anita, charged with retail theft.
• Tyler K. Rowles, 24, CCJ, charged with possession of a small amount of marijuana.
• Robert N. Scott Jr., 20, 751 Route 119, Punxsutawney, charged with terroristic threats.
• John V. Spencer Jr., 41, 132 Curtain St., Osceola Mills, charged with access device fraud.
• Richard B. Thomas, 38, 408 Lewis Road, Clearfield, charged with simple assault.